Services for Healthcare Professionals Offered by Foster Seminars and Communications
On-Site Training Workshops
If you want training sessions customized for your specific needs, we offer one-day, two-day and three-day training workshops
at your facility. We will discuss your issues in advance and then deliver a training workshop focused on your specific
challenges. We also have multi-media video training programs that can be used to reinforce the workshop messages. Go to the
Seminars and Workshops section for more details.
Book - "Dealing with Challenging Dialysis Patient Situations"
The purpose of this book is to provide practical tools to nephrology professionals who deal with challenging patient situations.
- Challenging Dialysis Patient Situations Defined
- Dialysis Staff Response Options Described
- Staff Professionalism and Boundaries
- Effective Patient Grievance Procedure
- Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues
- Good Customer Service Culture
- Patient Counseling
- Patient's Rights
- Sample Forms
- Sample Letters
- Sample Policies
- Sample Agreements
- Sample Contracts
Go to the
Dealing with Challenging Dialysis Patient Situations section for more details.
- Creating and Maintaining a Good Customer Service Culture and Attitude
- Understanding the Nature of the Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Relationship That We Have with the Dialysis Patient
- Understanding the Role and Responsibilities of the ESRD Networks
- Defining Challenging Dialysis Facility Situations
- Understanding the Factors Contributing to a Patient's Emotional Responses, Reactions and Choices
- Establishing and Maintaining an Effective Patient Grievance Policy and Procedure
- Understanding and Responding to Conflict in the Dialysis Setting
- Understanding the Factors Contributing to an Employee's Emotional Responses, Reactions and Choices
- The Importance of Staff Professionalism and Maintaining Proper Boundaries
- Using Patient Satisfaction Questionnaires as a Conflict Reduction Tool
- Understanding the Patient's Right to Make Choices Regarding His or Her Treatment
- Dealing with the Verbal or Physically Abusive Patient
- Counseling Steps for Dealing with the Challenging Patient
- Involuntary Termination of the Relationship with the Patient
- Understanding the Importance of Patient
and Staff Education
Comprehensive Video-based "Training In A Box" Programs
Video training programs created specifically for the entire staff at dialysis clinics for inservice education, nursing continuing education - administrators, nurse manager, nurse educator, nurses, social workers, technicians and others. Long shelf life and nephrology specific.
Our multi-media training education programs cover a variety of topics
related to workplace issues. These programs allow you to conduct effective
in-service dialysis training sessions addressing difficult issues such as dealing with
challenging patients, medical documentation and customer service. As you will
see below, each program is very comprehensive and you purchase more than just a
video tape. Most programs include
for Discussion Leader/Trainer
Telephone Consultation with Mary
and Post-Training Tests
Tips and Bibliography
Go to the Dialysis Video Training Programs section for more details.
If your healthcare organization or dialysis company are looking for a dynamic keynote speaker, we would like the opportunity to
submit a proposal. Topics include legal medical (some are dialysis specific), motivational and workplace issues. Some of our most requested topics are
listed below. If you don't find exactly what you're looking for, please contact Mary. Mary Rau-Foster, RN BS ARM JD, makes all presentations.
We also can host an Employee Appreciation Day at your dialysis clinic (or other healthcare facility) with an entertaining, magical and motivational presentation.
- ~WE CARE~ A Guide to Patient Sensitivity SM
- Dealing with the Challenging Patient SM
- Documentation in the Dialysis Clinic SM
- Work is Not Just a Daycare Program for Adults SM
- Dealing with Employee Management and Workplace Issues SM
- Mediating Disputes in the Workplace SM
- Reducing Conflict & Improving Communication SM
- Violence in the Workplace SM
- Legal Issues and the Dialysis Nurse Manager SM
- Avoiding the Malpractice Blues SM
- Get Fired Up, Not Burned Out SM
On-Site Consulting and Telephone Consulting
Mary Rau-Foster has provided consulting services for many projects dealing with dialysis and other healthcare related workplace issues. She
provides down-to-earth, common sense solutions to difficult problems. Mary's experience in healthcare over the past 25 years
includes a broad range of personnel, patient, legal, management, motivational, risk management and dialysis medical malpractice issues.
If you need assistance dealing with these types of workplace issues, we may be able to help. Please contact Mary so she can discuss your specific issues.
Mary is an attorney, an author, a nationally known speaker with an extensive background in medical malpractice and
formerly a nurse in nephrology. She conducts seminars and workshops on medical legal issues, personnel issues and motivational topics. She
has served as corporate counsel and director of risk management in the healthcare and dialysis field.
Mary received her RN from Atlanta's Grady Memorial Hospital School of Nursing in 1970. She earned her BS in Allied Health
from Georgia State University in 1976 and her Juris Doctor from Atlanta Law School in 1981. The Insurance Institute of
America granted her an Associate in Risk Management in 1992. Mary was also trained in mediation and conflict resolution in 1993.
Mediation Consultation and Services
Unresolved workplace conflict is very costly. Resolving patient grievances can be a challenging and time consuming effort. If
you have a specific workplace conflict situation that requires mediation, we may be able to help you. Please contact Mary so she can discuss your specific situation.
We also offer an on-site training program in Workplace Mediation if you want to train your staff in mediation techniques. Go to the
Seminars and Workshops section for more details.
Workplace Issues Web Site: www.workplaceissues.com
We also offer advice, training and other services on general workplace issues for both healthcare and non-healthcare businesses.
For more information, switch to our sister web site www.workplaceissues.com.